- What is the cost of playing for Warriors Volleyball Club?
11u / 12u Practice team meets once a week
December to March
$1,000 13u 5 to 7 tournaments $1,400 14u - 17u 5 to 7 tournaments
(multi-day tournaments count as 2)
$1,900 18u 5 to 7 tournaments $1,900
There are two payment options:
- In full, once acceptance to a team is received.
- Three installments - first installment given upon acceptance to a team is received, second at first practice in January and third at first practice in February.
Installments 1st 2nd 3rd 11u / 12u $500 $500 - 13u $600 $400 $400 14u - 17u $800 $550 $550 18u $800 $550 $550
- How do I register for tryouts?
- Click here to register
- Do you offer a discount for siblings?
- Yes, we offer a $200 discount on the 2nd sibling.
- How do I become a GEVA member?
- Apply for GEVA membership
- How many coaches per team?
- Each team will have two experienced coaches. We feel this allows for a more structured practice and more one on one time when needed.
- How many players will be on each team?
- We try to keep each team to approximately 10 - 12 players when we can. This allows players to receive more reps during practice drills, more one on one with each of the two coaches on the team, and more playing time during tournament competitions.
- What is a practice team?
- This is for beginner volleyball players. Basic fundamentals will be taught. (i.e. serving, passing, hitting, etc). This program will help to develop and prepare your player for school level volleyball.
Tryouts / Practices
- When are tryouts?
- Tryouts are in October, please click here for dates.
- When are practices?
- Practices are twice a week for two hours each practice session.
- Are parents allowed at practices or tryouts?
- No. All tryouts and practices are closed to Warrior Staff Only. This is due to insurance liabilities as per USAV and GEVA.
- When should I register for a GEVA membership?
- You must register and receive a membership number prior to attending any GEVA / USA Volleyball sanctioned event. You MUST have a GEVA membership to tryout at any event.
- How do I prove my registration is valid?
- You should follow the directions on webpoint to print your receipt and membership card. Bring proof of registration along with the USAV Medical Release Form (available on website) to each event you attend. Jot down your password and keep it. It will make upgrade, changes in your registration, club selection, and renewal next season easier.
- Why does my Tryout Registration say "pending"?
- Your tryout membership is good only for the current sanctioned tryout season dates listed. It will show active before the first date.
- When are the tournaments and how long are they?
- Tournaments are on Weekends and usually run all day. Make sure you clear your calendar for the entire day. We do not have specific dates yet, as the schedule is not available until December.
- How many tournaments are during the season?
12u / 13u 3 to 5 tournaments 14u - 17u 5 to 7 tournaments (multiday count as 2) 18u 5 to 7 tournaments (multiday count as 2)
- How do I know if a tournament is cancelled? When will we cancel?
- Refer to GEVA Juniors Inclement Weather Policy. GEVA makes every effort to fulfill their commitment to teams and clubs by conducting all scheduled tournaments. Sometimes things get in the way. The inclement weather practice has been to hold the tournament if at all possible (even if some teams are more effected than others). Exceptions are made in dangerous situations, and those beyond our control. If the weather is bad, (snow and ice) your safety is paramount. Do not drive if it you don't feel safe.
- Why does GEVA cancel a tournament?
- GEVA will cancel for two reasons:
- The staff determines the weather and driving conditions are too hazardous.
- If the facility where we are holding tournament cancels our access.
- When do I know if my tournament is cancelled?
- When possible, a decision is made prior to 9 pm the evening prior by GEVA. If a situation worsens overnight, the decision is adjusted prior to 5:30 am the day of the tournament. Once cancelled, there will not be a change of mind.
- How do I know if my tournament cancelled?
- GEVA will send information through webpoint to Club directors, and AES to participating Clubs. GEVA will also post on juniors and home page of geva.org. Warriors VBC will also immediately post on twitter (@warriorsvbc) any tournament cancellations that affect our teams as well as email notifications to the team affected. Safety is paramount. Do not drive if it you don't feel safe.